Why we need to talk about infrastructure development and delivery in sub-Saharan Africa?
- Business profitability: business spending in Africa will grow from $2.6 trillion in 2015 to $3.5 trillion by 2025
- FDI: foreign direct investment inflows to Africa will reach $55-60 billion in 2016
- Urbanisation: by 2025 it is estimated that an additional 187 million Africans will live in cities
- Investment: annual investment of $150 billion needed to close Africa’s infrastructure gap
- Infrastructure: inadequate infrastructure in Africa still cuts growth by as much as two percentage points per year and leads to a loss of almost 40% of productivity
Africa’s spending on infrastructure has doubled over the past decade to $80 billion but this amount needs to be doubled again in order to keep pace with annual demand for infrastructure delivery. This Leadership Forum unites the continent’s most competent and passionate Captains of Construction and Infrastructure who are facing this challenge head on and driving innovation for Africa’s infrastructure delivery through the identification of bankable infrastructure projects, access to adequate financing, the promotion and development of effective public-private partnerships, and the optimisation of spending.
- EVALUATE where the best opportunities for infrastructure investment across the continent will be found
- EXPAND the role of private sector stakeholders in large-scale infrastructure projects
- ANALYSE aspects of African infrastructure such as the future of financing, how to weather the current financial storm, benefits of PPS and more
- NETWORK with Africa’s most competent and passionate Captains of Construction and Infrastructure
- SOLIDIFY your position as a thought leader for the future of Africa’s built environment